Monday 3 November 2014

The Illamasqua Distinction In make-up Artistry Awards 2014





The Illamasqua Distinction In make-up Artistry Awards 2014



On the 4th October  I was part of the on stage team at the Illamasqua Distinction In Make Up Artistry Awards 2014. I t was a very memorable day for me. I had a lot of fun and it was very interesting but also a LOT of running around. But it was definitely worth it. It was a very good experience to see what is going on before those events and then of course backstage. Also to work together with the Illamasqua team was a honor itself. I was a bit nervous the night before because I didn't know what to expect and I wanted to be very professional on that day and give it my best but I was also afraid to do some major mistakes. Which luckily didn't happen^^ My team consisted of Rona Skuodas (last years winner in 'Student Makeup Artist category and now working for Illamasqua) and two other girls. Our main job was to set up the stage and get everything ready for the contestants. And afterwords clean up the stage and prepare it for the next ones. When preparing the stage we had to make sure everything was clean and tidy. Hygiene! Also make sure everyone has refreshments. During the time the contestants would create their makeup look, we would let the audience into the theatre, give them leaflets and help them with whatever they need. Another good thing was that I was able to talk to Rona and the other participating makeup artist and ask about how they were feeling?, If it is difficult to concentrate when you know that behind you  are so many people watching and of course how they got their ideas for the brief which was 'Textiles vs Art'. There were 4 categories: Non Professional Makeup Artist,Student Makeup Artist, Professional Makeup Artist and the Illamasqua Team. I was very happy to meet Spob O'Brien again and for the first time  Julian Kynaston ( Founder of Illamasqua) and of course Alex Box! Yes exactly:)!! Even though the day itself was quite hectic at times they made it still possible to create a very kind and happy atmosphere. You always had fun. Which I think is very important. Of course you can't forget to be professional. I also met Karla Powell, who was the last years winner in the 'Professional Makeup Artist' category. It was very interesting talking to her and to get some tips^^. All in all the day was very inspirational and I felt like I want to participate there as well.


Participants of the first category 'Non Professional Makeup Artist' on stage as well as Spob.


Some of the end results




No comments:

Post a Comment