Sunday 2 November 2014

Self Introduction And Introduction To The Brief

Self Introduction And Introduction To The Brief




I am Sara,23, and from Germany. I moved to England about 3 years ago after I finished school in Germany and worked then as an aupair until I got finally excepted into university. I used to live in London which I really loved. So it's quite different to live now in Southampton. But I just have to get used to it :) I taught myself hair and makeup but otherwise I don't have any experience in that area really. We can't take subjects like photography or beauty in our schools in Germany. Well at least not where I used to live, but I don't know about other parts in Germany . Unfortunately! I did 2 makeup workshops during the last years and a face paint workshop but they were only half day courses. There wasn't really much I learned from the makeup workshops but it was still interesting. The face paint workshop was a lot of fun!  I learned a lot from it. After that I did face painting for children birthday party's or just to entertain kids at home. Children love face painting! When it comes to hair I would say I know the basics. I know how to do different kind of plaits and things and like trying out new hairstyles or just experience with my hair which doesn't always turn out good:) But you learn by making mistakes! When we got told about our theme for the assessment I was a bit clueless. Of course I knew Elizabeth I. but I didn't know anything about that era. In Germany we mainly went through the German history and not the British. So I definitely have to do a lot of research. In short the brief is about creating a contemporary Elizabethan makeup look. We have to choose a Elizabethan portrait (doesn't have to be Elizabeth) and a contemporary one which you can link to the Elizabethan portrait. In the beginning I thought it's quite easy but when I wanted to start I got a bit confused .I don't really know how to link those two pictures so I was just looking at modern make up looks which represent/ or kind of have a Elizabethan touch. Even tough the project is not as easy as I thought I am still  looking forward to do it. I hope I can learn a lot about  historical makeup and makeup application and to see what  my ability's are. 

Some Halloween face painting I did for my sister some years ago


No comments:

Post a Comment