Monday 3 November 2014

National Portrait Gallery+ visit of Charles Fox store and MAC store



National Portrait Gallery



On the 10th of October we went to London to go to the National Portrait Gallery and afterwards could visit makeup stores of our choice ( but had to choose from 4). In the National Portrait Gallery we had a look at the Elizabethan and Tudor portraits. A portrait that I really liked was the portrait of Anne of Denmark by John De Critz the Elder.

The portrait is from around 1605- 1610 and is 2016mm x 1265mm.
I like the picture because she looks very elegant and beautiful . She wears a lot of pearls and her dress looks like it is made of silk which both indicates that she is from high status. Even though the portrait was painted after Queen Elizabeth's death she looks very Elizabethan. Elizabeth only died 2 years before the painting was made so I think it is normal that their current beauty standards didn't immediately changed. You can clearly see her very pale complexion and red lips and cheeks. As well as the big round shaped and frizzed hair. Which was decorated with pearls and a big gemstone in the middle of it and a big pearl on her forehead. I personally quite like how they arranged the pearls on the top of the round shape.It looks very elegant. Her left hand is resting on a big cushioned chair. The pillows look like they are embroidered with gold threads. 
After I did some research about Anne of Denmark I found out that she was the second daughter of Sophie of Mecklenburg- Güstrow and King Frederick II of Denmark. She lived from 1574- 1619. 1589 she marries James VI and I ,which was the son of Mary, Queen of Scots. Anne had 3 children with James that survived their childhood, which were Charles I of England, Elizabeth and Henry Frederick; Prince of Wales. James VI and I was the new King after Queen Elizabeth's death in 1603. From 1589- 1619 Anne was the Queen consort of Scotland and after Elizabeth's death she was also the Queen consort of England until her death.



Afterwards I went to the Charles Fox and MAC store.


Charles Fox

You can find the Charles Fox store in Covent Garden ( Charles H Fox, 22 Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, London; WC2E 7PY). I went there specifically because I wanted to buy something for my Digital Image Production Shooting. I didn't had anything specific in my mind just that it has to be blue. When I got there I was really fascinated. The Halloween decoration was extra cool. But the thing is they have so much to offer , you don't know where to look first. One person of the staff gave us a little tour through the store and explained what kind of makeup they are offering and also gave us some tips and recommend products. I enjoyed most the prosthetic and special effect area. All those fake blood!! UUHH!!  In the end I bought the Kryolan Multi Gel, Kryolan Polyester Glimmer in Sea Spray and Kryolan Supercolor in GB. I only used the Supercolor for my shoot but well you can never have too much glitter so I don't regret buying the other products. 
I would definitely recommend to go and visit their store because you can just get everything there. 

I also went to the MAC store, which you can find in Covent Garden as well, just 5 mins away from Charles Fox( 27 James Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 8PA) but I didn't buy anything. I really wanted to, especially with that awesome discount we had but I had to watch my budget  T^T... But I saw a blush which I really liked. It looked just so nice and the pigment was great. It was the Dollymix A92 Sheertone Shimmer Blush, but when I actually tried it on my skin I was somewhat disappointed because it didn't look so nice anymore. But maybe it's just my skin^^ Otherwise the staff was nice and tried to help as much as they could even though the store was packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment