Monday 3 November 2014

Extreme contouring




Extreme contouring


For extreme contouring I used:
  • Illamasqua matt primer
  • Kryolan supercolor palette: white 070
  • Kryolan Viva Brilliant Color Medley Matt Palette: anis and black pepper
  • Illamasqua loose powder
  • foundation brush, powder brush, smaller round brushes
I started with applying a matt primer and then used the white from my Kryolan supercolor palette to do the base. Make sure to apply the base evenly and always blend well. . Use a smaller brush and highlight the areas of the jaw line, nose, forehead and cheeks. Remember to keep blending. Now if you want to continue to use grease products you do it otherwise if you want to switch to powder products, like I did you have to powder now. Apply the powder with the side of your brush and buff into the skin. Powder well because we don't want any leftover grease products in the eye crease later. Pay extra attention between the hairline and the face. Don't get any edges and if it is necessary take the product into the hair to make the application even Also never go straight from the powder to the face. Tap excess powder off first. Now choose the color you want to work with. I wanted to go with brownish colors so I choose anis and black pepper. Always start with a lighter color and then build up the color. I started contouring my cheekbones, followed by nose, jaw line and the eye area. I used anis first and later to go more extreme I used black pepper. When you contour your eyes just follow your natural eye shadows you have( maybe just sit down at some point and have a look where and what kind of shadow you have in your face). After you finished you could apply some highlighter on your actual highlight areas, which I didn't do. Also remember to use matt colors for contouring,so if you want to use metallic colors use a matt version of it.





  • what I noticed, and you will probably also have seen it in the very first picture, is that I found my white base not white enough, sure it was paler than my usual skin color but actually not that much
  • so for the next time I will try to apply a second layer of white,I just think it would be better for the contrast
  • also I could go more extreme with the contouring next time

No comments:

Post a Comment