Monday 8 December 2014

Ruby practicing my design

FIRST PRACTICE






I was very pleased how Ruby applied my base and the contour. It looks very smooth and is blended well. She also tried very hard to get the eyebrows even. But it is a bit hard so I decided to provide her with stencils for the eyebrows , which will make it easier for her as well as save her time. The eyes are also not too bad but I don't want any blending between the gold and black. We were talking about how to improve doing the eyes and how she can get them even and we decided to maybe use tape or a ruler to get straight lines. She also did very well with blocking out the eyebrows. I especially like the left side. I am not very happy with the lips because I want proper heart shaped lips and Ruby took out the color on the lower lip way too much. What would maybe help is if she would draw the heart shape with a lip liner first. During the lesson she also didn't manage to apply the strap with the pearls underneath the eyes and didn't do the white eyelashes, but I am certain she will manage it during the timed assessment. She should definitely practice the design more to get more familiar with it otherwise I was quite pleased with it considering it was her first practice. We also took those picture in front of the black background where we will take our pictures of the timed assessment as well, to see if the contouring needs to be stronger for example.
SECOND PRACTICE
In the second practice she didn't finish the full look again but as I said I am confident that she can do it during the assessment. This time she draw the lines for the black eye shadow with a ruler and eye liner first to get both sides even and it work very well. But she forgot to go down the nose with the gold.I actually liked that version too, so we took pictures from the two different version so I could decide which I like the best. But I decided to stick with my original design. I was also pleased with the base and contour.

No comments:

Post a Comment