Sunday 7 December 2014

Create a contemporary Elizabethan makeup look



In our lesson we could choose between 2 pictures and do the same contemporary Elizabethan makeup look or just take some ideas from it and create a different version of it.
I choose this picture of Lily Cole.
You need:
  • Illamasqua translucent powder
  • Kryolan supercolor in white
  • glue
  • foundation brush
  • powder brush
  • Kryolan blusher palette
  • Kryolan Viva Brilliant Color Medley Matt palette
  • MAC lip mix in red and black to create a brown
  • round brush
  • spatula
  • baby buds
  • cotton pads
->first I blocked out the eyebrows using glue
->I did 3-4 layers of glue to make sure the eyebrows will be very smooth
->after you cleaned off any excess glue with lukewarm water an a baby bud powder the eyebrows
->then apply base, I used white form the Kryolan supercolor palette
->to get the base nice and even buff it out very well
->apply powder and make sure to cover everything, especially the eye area to avoid any greasy lines
->then I applied the eye shadow-> I used a mix of 'Anis' and 'Turmeric' from the Kryolan Viva Brilliant Color Medley Matt palette
->get rid of any excess eye shadow before you apply it and keep the eye shadow very soft through blending
->I also took the eye shadow a little bit down the nose
->for the lips I mixed the red and black MAC lip mix with the lip mix medium
->at last apply the blusher in a kind of round shape -> I used 665G from Kryolan blusher palette as well as my heart shaped powder brush from H&M Divided


NOTE FOR NEXT TIME:
  • work on the eyebrows-> they need to get smoother
  • don't forget to cover the neck as well
All in all I wasn't very satisfied with my work. I like the cheeks and lips but I think I could have definitely done better with the eye shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment