Monday 8 December 2014

Final Evaluation





Throughout the semester I did a lot of research about the Elizabethans which helped me to develop my design. But my new knowledge also made it possible for me to distinguish even small Elizabethan details in makeup designs or new collections of makeup brands who also took use of it. I found it very interesting to learn what people used as makeup before our now conventional makeup was developed. Also which side effects the Elizabethan makeup had, and that it seems like they didn't care about hair loss or skin damage because they would just apply a thick white base and wear a wig. Something you wouldn't do nowadays. Because now it is all about how to keep your skin young and healthy.  I also improved my general skills and learnt how to do Elizabethan makeup.
Doing my timed assessment I felt quite confident because I practiced a lot with Ruby and was very familiar with her design.  Even though I was very worried about applying the false eyelashes in the beginning I was very satisfied with the outcome of the final result. I think the veins would have looked even better if my brush would have been even thinner but I am overall very pleased with the outcome.

Ruby did an amazing job doing the base for my design. The base looks actually flawless. What I didn't like that much was that she didn't really do the lips in the shape I wanted even though she had the face chart right in front of her. The eyebrows should have been a little bit longer as well to close up with pearls and then fill in the gold. Otherwise I was very pleased with her work. Unfortunately the camera setting weren't good and the colors look washed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment