Monday 8 December 2014

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Film review






We watched Elizabeth- The Golden Age during lesson at Uni and I have to say there were some interesting changes. 
Not only in Elizabeth's clothes,  hair and makeup but also in her personality.
First of all her dresses are more elaborate then before.
I especially like this one



In the first movie we saw at the end that she shaved her hair off and in this one you can see that she keeps it very short and just wears different wigs.

As well as her fashion her hairstyles became more elaborate too.

 



The only time she wore her hair loose again, when she was with her army waiting for the Spanish troops


Still from Elizabeth: The Golden Age


But I have to say that I was a bit disappointment about the makeup. I thought she would keep it like from the 'I married to England' scene from the first movie but compared to it , it was rather plain. Of course you still saw that the base was very pale but not as pale as I thought it would be.


But was I noticed it that Elizabeth looks in the second movie much more older and partly very tired and ill. You can see her damaged skin and wrinkles.

Something that  was very interesting to see was how much she needed Walter Raleigh( Clive Owen) around her later and how angry and disappointed she was at the end when she found out that Walter and her closest chamber lady Bess(Elizabeth) married and had a child. I remember very well how she said in the first movie that she doesn't need a man and that she is married to England but then you saw her being so dependent on Walter Raleigh. But I think that just shows how truly lonely she must have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment