Monday 8 December 2014

Assessment Evaluation- Ruby as the MUA doing my design



Ruby was very professional on the day of her assessment. I am actually really amazed with the base she did. It looks just flawless. She blended very well! I will definitely give her extra points for that :)!



She also blocked out the eyebrows well. I think the eyebrows are totally fine apart from the fact that they should have been a bit longer to close up with the pearls later. But because Ruby felt a little bit stressed at the end, I think she just forgot about making the eyebrows longer as well as filling out the gap with the gold supercolor to close it with the pearls. Otherwise  it looks as she got both eyes even.It definitely helped that she used a ruler to draw the lines for the different sections first. Unfortunately she didn't do the lips how I wanted them. If you look at my face chart you can see that I wanted a nice heart shape but again she filled out the lower lip too much. I also like the contouring and it looked quite strong when i was looking in the mirror but unfortunately you can't see the contouring too well on the pictures. Especially the ones we did in front of the black background. But overall I am very pleased with the final result and have to say that Ruby did a very good job that day.

Those are pictures we took in front of the black background. It is very unfortunate and annoying that we couldn't get the right setting. We changed the aperture quite a lot to get the colors and lightning right but it always looked washed out like this. 




And these I took afterwards with my phone. I think you can actually see the contouring here much better than in the other ones.



And that's how I would grade her.

No comments:

Post a Comment