Monday 8 December 2014

3 brushes challenge



For the 3 brush challenge I choose the Kryolan Angled brush, a round brush from Essence and the Kryolan Smoothing brush.


I think this is a very good choice because with the smoothing brush you can apply foundation as well as powder. With the round brush you can even out small bits you couldn't get into with the smoothing brush , like the wrinkles under your eye:) But you can also you this brush for eye shadow and is perfect for blending. With the angled brush you can do your eyebrows, lips and apply eye liner.


What I will use today


  • Skin Food Black egg pore gel base
  • Catrice Infinite Matt foundation
  • Chanel Illuminating Makeup base
  • Essence Eyebrow shadow palette
  • Essence eyebrow gel
  • Essence Home Sweet Home blush
  • Catrice Mascara
  • Maybelline Eye liner in broen
  • Holika Holika Jewel light Peach eye maker
  • carmex lip balm
  • Astor Perfect Stay lip tint in 260 Tequila Sunrise
  • and of course my 3 brushes
  • Illamasqua translucent powder

->first I applied the Chanel Illuminating makeup base


->then I applied the Skin Food pore gel base to reduce the visibility or my pores ->only in nose, chin area and the area between the eyebrows and when you go down the nose to your cheeks


->then I applied my Catrice Infinite Matt foundation with the smoothing brush-> I also applied the pore gel base with that brush
-> remember to blend and buff very well do get an even foundation and make it look more natural


->then powder using the smoothing brush and the Illamasqua powder




->after I have  done the base I will do my eyebrows using the angled brush and the Essence eyebrow shadow palette, and then use the Essence eyebrow gel to fix them



->apply now the Essence Home Sweet Home Blusher in 02 on your cheeks->agaon use your smoothing brush


->next are the eyes-> I used the Holika Holika Jewel light peach eye maker and used the thick side to apply this nice bright peachy color only in the inner corner of my eye and then used the round brush to blend it out.




 -> I found that in the first picture the eye shadow was a little bit too soft and you couldn't really see it on the picture, so I decided to apply another layer


->now the peachy color is much more visible
->then I took the angled brush and the brown Maybelline eye liner and applied the liner around the eye and when going down take it a bit further down to create a so called 'Puppy Look'
->apply the eye liner also underneath the eyelashes to make sure you wont have any visible gaps
-> also take the liner a little bit along the outer eye corner underneath the eye




->can you see how by taking the eye liner down it makes that 'Puppy look' :) but I don't want the puppy look, I just needed it for that moment
->then i would use the thinner side of the Holika Holika Jewel light Peachy eye maker-> this one looks white and shimmery but as soon as you apply it on the skin the white changes into a shimmery pastel peach. So lovely!
->apply it all the way under the eye




->next I took a baby bud and smudged out the eyeliner underneath the eye taking it in more to the middle of the eye
->because you already had that soft glittery peach there the brown mixes up with it and you get a nice glittery brown
-try to get both sides as even as possible and apply more eyeliner if needed





-> now it is time for the mascara
->just apply your favourite mascara, I usually curl my eyelashes before I apply the mascara but unfortunately I forgot my eyelash curler today T^T






->also by adding circle lenses like I did you make your eyes look even bigger
I think anyone can guess by now that I love wearing circle lenses :) 

->last bit- the Lips:-> first apply a tiny amount of the carmex lip balm->I actually already did that when I applied my base because the Astor Perfect Stay Lip Tint is like a felt tip pen so I didn't want to have that much lip balm product left on my lips when applying
->apply the lip tint



And voilá you are done with the 3 brush challenge

I think because it was a rather simple look I had no problems with only working with 3 brushes. The only a bit annoying thing about using just 3 brushes is that you have to keep cleaning them so you can use them for other areas again and don't just reach to a new one. But otherwise it was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment